Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I enroll in your programs?
Please contact your regional center service coordinator.
2. May I take a tour of your program?
Yes, but please make an appointment with the director of the program(s) you are interested in viewing.
3. Do you provide transportation?
NAPD currently provides transportation for TAPSS, SYA and Teen Road clients to their day program, and outings. For other transportation needs please contact the regional center, and are disabled, you may contact North of the River Parks and Recreation or Regional Transit.
4. Do you provide night and weekend activities? If so, what are the age groups?
Unfortunately, we can no longer provide these services due to state budget cuts.
We do, however, offer some seasonal and nighttime activities, such as dances and movie nights. These events usually have a per person fee and are available both in our children's and adult programs.
5. If I am not in the Kern Regional Center system, how do I start the process?
Please call the Kern Regional Center: 661/327-8531 and inform them that you are interested in applying for services.
6. Do you provide supported living services?
We currently do not provide these services.
7. Do you provide services for anyone other than Regional Center Clients?
No. You must be a client of a regional center.
8. What programs do you provide for children or teens?
We have 3 programs for children and teens that are held after school. We also provide transportation to and from some of these programs:
- Training and Participation for Social Skill Building - TAPSS
- Socialization Enrichment and Educational Development for Young Adults - SEED Young Adults
- Teen Reach Out Against Drugs -TEEN Road