Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I enroll in your programs?
Please contact your regional center service coordinator.
2. May I take a tour of your program?
Yes, but please make an appointment with the director of the program(s) you are interested in viewing.
3. Do you provide transportation?
NAPD will provide transportation for regional center clients to their day program, outings, and any NAPD sponsored event. If you are not a client of the regional center, and are disabled, you may contact North of the River Parks and Recreation or Regional Transit.
4. Do you provide night and weekend activities? If so, what are the age groups?
Unfortunately, we can no longer provide these services due to state budget cuts.
We do, however, offer some seasonal and nighttime activities, such as dances and movie nights. These events usually have a per person fee and are available both in our children's and adult programs.
5. If I am not in the Kern Regional Center system, how do I start the process?
Please call the Kern Regional Center: 661/327-8531 and inform them that you are interested in applying for services.
6. Do you provide supported living services?
We provide these services through our Supported Living Services (SLS) program. We can help you become more independent and assist you with your daily living needs.
7. Can your SLS program provide transportation for my pets, or take my children to appointments?
Yes, if approved by your regional center service coordinator.
8. Do you provide services for anyone other than Regional Center Clients?
No. You must be a client of a regional center.
9. What programs do you provide for children or teens?
We have 3 programs for children and teens that are held after school. We also provide transportation to and from some of these programs:
- Training and Participation for Social Skill Building - TAPSS
- Socialization Enrichment and Educational Development for Young Adults - SEED Young Adults
- Teen Reach Out Against Drugs -TEEN Road